Making positive change — while protecting our unique character — isn’t easy. It takes a bold vision and pragmatic strategies for getting results. I think Oxford has potential to be so much more, and think together we can get there. As your Councilor, I’m committed to fulfilling that potential.
With responsive and proactive government we can make incredible progress, promoting a vibrant and diverse economy, investing in infrastructure to connect our community, and developing sustainably. At the same time, we must better preserve the architectural heritage and beautiful landscape that make Oxford so unique.
As Council I remain committed to:
A diverse and dynamic economy. A vibrant Oxford must provide opportunity for all residents, while welcoming new people and investment. Quality of life is our advantage.
- Growing Locally: Small businesses make Oxford distinct. Creative zoning and incentives can foster local business creation and expansion.
- Oxford as Destination: Visitors enrich our economy. Becoming a year-round destination would grow local business, jobs, and quality of life.
More responsive and proactive government. We are a small town, but we shouldn’t think small. Responsive, transparent, and proactive government will unlock Oxford’s potential.
- With visionary thinking and strategic planning, Oxford and Miami can move forward together.
- More engaging government gets better results. Social media and old-fashioned outreach can better connect the City and its citizens.
Infrastructure Investment: Good infrastructure connects our community. Diverse transportation options can bring us all together and link us to the world.
- Complete and Safe Streets for Everyone. Our roads must efficiently serve citizens of all ages and abilities, however they get around.
- Oxford Area Trails and Amtrak: New transport investments will expand recreation and our economy, while putting us on the map.
A more sustainable future. A healthy and sustainable Oxford is a better place to live today, and will safeguard our future.
- Preserving Our Unique Resources: Oxford enjoys beautiful urban and natural environments. Quality of life depends on their protection.
- Thinking Globally, Acting Locally: Sustainability is not only responsible, it’s also smart. Climate Action Planning will lead to better choices.
Public Safety: Our community is not immune to crime. Community policing — while tackling root problems — can protect public safety and quality of life.
- Town-gown collaboration on binge drinking. Police can only do so much. Nuisance bars and party houses must be part of the solution.
- Combatting our own opiate epidemic. Arresting dealers and protecting property are key, but so is treating addiction and involving landlords.
Values: To make the world a better place, you start first at home. Oxford is a model of community, civility, and inclusiveness. But we must continually strive to do more.